There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.
The center have its operation covering community development, poverty alleviation, ICT, cultural and traditional promotion and enhancement, agricultural and vocational development as well as leadership patterns and dynamics guiding them in the rural community. The vision therefore dictates formation of independent department to enhance the individual developmental activities of the units. The functions and proposed activities of each of the department are highlighted in the subsequent sections.
RUPPAU base its operations on the following highlights;
- Conducting research to inform policy, build community and promote the health and well-being of rural people and environments.
- Identifying and building upon community strength
- Identifying geographies of inequality in order to inform policies aimed at reducing disparities.
- Promoting evidence-based policy and planning, based on research that focuses on issues of concern ad interest to rural communities.
ICTACTU pull resources together on the following;
- Basic and advance training on ICT for a certain number of people to be decided upon on a yearly basis
- Establishment of a modern ICT center to enhance training purposes
- Establishment of a cultural center
- Research that connects ICT and cultural heritage
- Other activities in promoting ICT in rural communities
IVAMECO focus its actions on the following;
- Introducing new farming technologies that will not only target self-sufficiency but also commercialization.
- Enhancing value addition to products and storage during the bloom period and sale during the dearth period.
- Facilitation of processing of products to finished goods to reduce wastage.
- Establishing vocational training centers to ensure rural dwellers are not only farmers
- Training on agricultural enterprise as well as other related enterprises to foster self-sustenance
LEGORAU is a center created for;
- Assisting and strengthens capacities of governance institutions and their civil society counterparts for further development objectives, policies and programs that ensures effective service delivery.
- Leadership and human development that will prepare the successor generations of leaders, administrators and managers for a life of competent, proactive and dedicated service.
- Serving as a credible venue for issue and policy advocacy, and a venue for dialogue, trust and solidarity building, networking and collaboration, local benchmarking and interdisciplinary research.
- Supporting and publishing original, independent research by leading scholars from the center and beyond on key issues like energy, health, education, and economic policy.
Programmes & Activities
Major Courses, Training, Workshops, Seminars and Meetings, conference organized and attended by key officers:
Symposium on Innovation in City Governance and Monarchy organized by one of the units in the Centre i.e Leadership and Governance in Rural Areas Unit (LEGORAU) which was held at Ifelodun Area Council, Iba on 20th December, 2017.
The 5th National Community Development Consultative Conference/workshop, 4-7 September, 2018, Babcock University, Ilishan Remo, Ogun State, Nigeria.
Promoting Women Participation in Election and Stop Violence Against Women in Election’ (VAWIE) organized by Hope for Family Development Initiative in collaboration with INEC. Program was held at Galaxy Hotel, ring road, Osogbo.
State-wide Advocacy campaign on Knowledge Economy Community Involvement and Participatory Governance (KECIPARG). The advocacy visit across the local governments in the state was done between 10th September – 21st
The commissioning of the State of the State Survey (SOSS) which involve the convergence of the representatives of all the 334 wards in the state and by extension 3011 polling units at CERACODE, Iba on Thursday 1st, November 2018.
1st Annual International Small Town and Rural Development Conference (STARDEC) to be held at CERACODE between 17th – 20th December, 2018.