Centre for Rural Affairs and Community Development (CERACODE) is seeking a Programme Officer (PO) with relevant academic credentials and experience to coordinate its research activities and support creative engagements in Rural Development and Transformation, Creative Governance Reforms, Knowledge Economy, Gender Relations, Entrepreneurship and Wealth Creation. The PO will support the policy research of CERACODE, which currently seeks to empower rural people, alleviate poverty and facilitate strong rural communities with innovative strategies; and partner with public and private agencies on local governance and development. Specifically, the Programme Officer will help conduct baseline research in support of grant seeking and development of policy studies as well as preparation of case studies around issues associated with Community Development, Poverty Alleviation, ICT Literacy and Culture, Leadership and Governance and Youth Development, Women and Girls Developmental Issues, Agriculture, Entrepreneurship and Vocational Education; and Rural health and Educational Outreach Programs.
- Participate in assigned research activities and/or programs by engaging in the development of programs within assigned area or entity; implementing, administering, and evaluating programs; and/or analyzing data, creating reports, reviewing trends, and making program improvement recommendations.
- Assist in coordinating field work and conducting research on the Internet.
- Write and edit content for proposals, research grants and other program activities.
- Perform outreach activities, including program communications, events, conferences, partnerships.
- Assist in monitoring expenses, budgets, and finances of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education & Experience:
Preferably a Master’s degree in any related discipline and three years of relevant experience. Candidates with a combination of relevant degrees, training, and relevant experience may also apply. Research and Program administration experience may be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate oral, written, and analytical skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong Reporting Skills
- Creativity and responsiveness
- Above entry user level of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Applications.
May work extended hours, including weekends. Able and willing to travel at short notice.
Location: The job position is based in Iba, State of Osun.
Compensation: Negotiable and based on Experience and Competencies.
Please send your resume using the format listed below to email@example.com
Strengths and Skills Summary
Scholarships and Awards
Research Grants (If Any)
Information Technology Competencies
Entrepreneurship and Non-Governmental Activity Experience
Membership of Professional Societies and Organisations
Honours and Awards
Country/States of Nigeria Visited
Languages Spoken, Written and Proficiency
References: Two (include email/phone numbers)
Timeline is four (4) weeks from date of Publication.